How to participate:
- Starting April 29, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. through to September 29, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. (“the Contest Period”), visitors to Credit Valley Conservation and Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (known as “Conservation Group”) conservation areas (known as “Conservation Parks”) are eligible to receive notification of the Canada 150 Contest (150 Days of Giveaways with Conservation Parks) upon entry into any gated Conservation Parks location. Contest details will be issued upon entry into each gated Conservation Parks location and visitors can register online at ConservationParks.ca.
Gated Conservation Parks locations include:Albion Hills Conservation Area, Caledon; Bathurst Glen Golf Course, Richmond Hill; Belfountain Conservation Area, Town of Caledon; Black Creek Pioneer Village, Toronto; Boyd Conservation Area, Vaughan; Bruce’s Mill Conservation Area, Stouffville; Glen Haffy Conservation Area, Caledon; Glen Rouge Campground, Toronto; Heart Lake Conservation Area, Brampton; Indian Line Campground, Brampton; Island Lake Conservation Area, Orangeville; Ken Whillans Resource Management Area, Caledon; Kortright Centre for Conservation, Woodbridge; Petticoat Creek Conservation Area, Pickering; and Terra Cotta Conservation Area, Halton Hills.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Members of the public can enter the contest for FREE by visiting the ConservationParks.ca website during the Contest Period. Entries can be submitted through the online entry form.
- A maximum of 120,000 official promotional cards will be produced for this contest. Cards will be available at Conservation Parks locations until September 29, 2017, or while supplies last. Online entries will be accepted until the contest ends on September 29, 2017.
- Visitors are eligible to receive a promotional card each time they visit any of the Conservation Parks locations throughout the duration of the contest, while supplies last. Only one online entry is permitted per email address for the full duration of the contest. The Conservation Group reserves the right to disqualify entries that are deemed fraudulent (not an official ballot) or entries that exceed limitations set out herein.
- The 150 Days of Giveaways with Conservation Parks contest will give away up to 1867 one-year ‘Family and Friends’ Conservation Parks memberships (the “Prize”) over the duration of the contest campaign.
- Total retail value of the one-year ‘Family and Friends’ Conservation Parks membership is $135 plus HST. Prizes will be issued by mail. The ‘Family and Friends’ Conservation Parks membership offers free admission to cardholders for all Conservation Parks locations, throughout the Greater Toronto Area and Headwaters Region. A full list of locations is set out under section 1.
- Prizes will be awarded over the 22-week period of the contest (April 29, 2017 to September 29, 2017). Starting May 13th, Prize winners will be randomly selected each week through a draw that includes all in-park and online entries. For each week of the contest 85 one-year ‘Family and Friends’ Conservation Parks memberships will be awards. An additional 150 one-year ‘Family and Friends’ Conservation Parks memberships will be awarded in honour of Canada Day. Prize winners for the additional 150 memberships will be selected within one week of July 1, 2017. Once submitted, entries will remain in the draw until the end of the contest. Only one prize will be issued per email address. Once a winner has been selected, they will be ineligible to be awarded a further prize.
- Prizes will be available to win for anyone who has visited a Conservation Parks location and registered online at ConservationParks.ca. The Prize must be redeemed by December 31, 2017.
Odds of Winning
- Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of submissions received by the Conservation Group. A maximum of 120,000 promotional cards will be printed for the contest and issued at Conservation Parks locations. In addition, the contest will be promoted through the Conservation Group’s social media channels.
- The contest commences on April 29, 2017 and promotional cards will be available at each Conservation Parks location through September 29, 2017, or while supplies last. Online entries will be accepted from April 29, 2017 through until the contest ends on September 29, 2017.
- Prizes are available to be claimed by selected winners upon notification from the Conservation Group and will be mailed to each selected winner. Selected winners must claim Prizes by December 31, 2017.
- A prize claimant may be required to show identification in order to claim their prize. If identification cannot be provided, the Conservation Parks group reserved the right to retract prize offerings. In addition, prize claimant will be required to provide correct contact information to complete the membership process.
- Prize claimant must be a resident of Canada. To be eligible to claim a Prize, Prize claimants must have reached the age of majority in the Province of Ontario or simply 18 years of age or older at the time of the prize draw.
- If a Prize claimant already has a ‘Family and Friends’ Conservation Parks membership, claimant can select one of the following options to receive their Prize:
- Transfer the Prize to another recipient as a gift from the Conservation Group, or
- Defer receipt of the Prize until the date claimant’s current membership expires
- Employees of the Conservation Group are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and all decisions of the Conservation Group, which are final.
- Prizes must be accepted by prize claimant as awarded and not convertible to cash value.
- Each confirmed winner will be notified by email. By participating in this contest, confirmed winners are deemed to have consented to the disclosure of their personal information to the Conservation Group for the limited use of delivery of Prizes, unless otherwise stated.
- Conservation Group is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or misdirected Prize claims.
- The Conservation Group reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the contest at any time, if it deems the contest cannot be run as originally planned or for any other occurrence compromising the fairness or integrity of the contest.
- Before being awarded the prize, the potential winner will be required to sign a declaration and release form stating that he/she has read, understood and complied with these official contest rules, grants all consents required as contemplated in these contest rules, authorizes the Conservation Group to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name and photograph, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for news, entertainment and information purposes at no compensation to the potential winner, accepts the prize as offered and releases the Conservation Group from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this contest and receipt and use of the prize.